Front of House Manager for studio x kitchen
To support the running of studio x kitchen in delivering all people-related processes, as well as ensuring the vision and strategy across the cafe is well aligned and executed in keeping with studio x and the head chef ’s philosophy. To lead the overall service approach and execution, organisation and essential admin to continue the business' success. To ensure studio x kitchen is a fair, respectful and joyful place to work.
Staff management & training:
• Leading service and work ethic by example and training of all front of house staff.
• Monitoring and managing employee performance.
• Creating the employee front of house schedule.
• Ensuring there are clear lines of communication with all staff and assisting them to ensure they can meet their potential and make the most of their time.
• Offering support and guidance when required.
Health and safety:
• Being one of the appointed first aiders.
• Organising all services and repairs for the safety equipment and any other appliances.
• Ensuring the cafe is up to standard with requisite Esmiley and health codes.
• Keeping all relevant licenses and policies up to date in coordination with the owners and Managing Director.
• Strong communication team management and organisational skills. Excellent customer service
and people skills.
• Proven successful hospitality experience, preferably in a managing role.
• Ability to direct and delegate tasks - always keeping one step ahead of everyone.
• Management of business and staff performance to ensure consistency of product service and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
• Setting a good tone among other staff - you are leading the cafe in the front of house and are the point of contact for any issues regarding staff customers systems etc.
• Set up ordering systems and maintain these orders for all front of house needs eg: cleaning supplies, packaging, beverages, coffee etc.
• Staff management:
- Ensure regular and thorough communication with all staff about their roles and requirements– i.e. rosters product/menu knowledge service standards etc.
- Monitoring staff performance and having awareness of staff morale. Having occasional check-ins with staff at your discretion. Listening to and communicating staff feedback to the owner.
• Having open communication with the owners and managing director about any issues and offering feedback when necessary.
• Weekly meetings with the managing director to discuss all aspects of role to address any issues look at sales costings and planning.
• Hiring new staff – interviewing and training on new systems etc. in collaboration with the Head Chef.
• Good communication with the Head Chef regarding the rota, shop systems, any issues and the general running of the cafe.
• Implement and maintain cleaning and health & safety levels.
Estimated weekly hours: 40
Please send a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person for this role, along with your CV to email@example.com with the subject - Front of House Manager for studio x kitchen. No phone inquiries please. Interviews will be set-up with the shortlisted candidates.